Wednesday, April 10, 2013

My Salvation Came Thru Poetry

From http://www.napowrimo.net/ :
And now, the (again, optional) prompt. Many of us have read and even written love poems. But have you written an un-love poem? An un-love poem isn’t a poem of hate, exactly — that might be a bit too shrill or boring. It’s more like a poem of sarcastic dislike.
~

I gave you my heart before I knew
that dismay
awaits.

I awaited my salvation--
promised thru you--
with a child's eagerness on Christmas Eve.

Talk about un-love.
Talk about hate.
I've moved-on--you're too late.

I relinquished the weight of Religion.
I shed that skin years ago.
My Spirit has never been freer! 

I'm able to speak about it now.
I can joke w/ the cosmic clowns.
They contact me down at the river.

They say, What a sham you bought into!
I say, I was a mere lamb at the time,
but I have become sublime!

They ask, What did it for you?
I reply, I researched my lineage
on the Poet's family-tree.

They wondered, What did you find?
I responded, Heresy!
And good times!

Still unsure, What do you mean?
I, Enjoy the ride, find your niche,
laugh at naysayers, float the river-breeze...

They, You are wise, earthling.
I, My salvation came
thru Poetry.


No comments:

Post a Comment