Sunday, April 21, 2013

The River Knows Ecstasy

Black gloss markings
shine in ceiling-fan light.

Who am I?

Question marks
crowd my Mind.

Stomach tightens
like a drum--

Hit me in the gut
& I'll hum
a visceral melody.

Orpheus Charm--
listen up & openly:

At the source of Life,
there is no separation.

There is one thing,
and it becomes many.

The possibilities of
what Life can become
are infinite.

Nature hath provided
Opportunity.

I'll discern & report
the alchemy of the Poem
to the best of my ability.

Brothers & Sisters:
won't you join me in
Good Times!?!?

This is the fastidious freak,
Artemis Blithe!

Observe carefully,
but have fun.

There's no sense
in getting wound-up,
you'll just be undone.

It's sad that Cannabis
is called a drug.

It is quite possibly
the most medicinal thing on Earth.

Its effects are contingent
upon your current mood & motivations.

Some people are happy
playing video games.

I found acceptance.

I write so another human
can have the freedom to play
video games.
I mean to say:
do as you dream.

Not everyone has my biology or psychology.

Born an eagle,
taught to be a sheep.
Inside I wasn't meek,
but I acted to please.

There's only so long
you can charade--
I couldn't keep associating
w/ hypocrites.

I pulled-off the mask,
and sought my own spiritual path.

I became enamored w/ Zen.
So much so, that
lotus flowers
sprouted from my head.

I fell on hard times,
and lost track.

Jim Morrison, and
Nietzsche--I turned to next.

I became free and dangerous.
I went as wild as
my soundest rationale would allow.

Amor Fati!
My placard.

I forgot about everything.
I only cared for drinking whisky,
and reading philosophy--
I felt at home.
I found my kindred eagles, but
they were all dead and gone.

I enjoyed going to parties
w/ stale-as-year-old-bread
frat-boys,
and showing them how to let go.

They did things big
in the city,
but they weren't as thoughtful.
They'd never seen a spectacle
w/ such substance.

They sure can drink and party,
but their callous shallowness
was hideous to witness.

I have always felt like
a shaman, or
a martyr.

Pain or Pleasure
are for the herd.
There is something greater!

Peel the layers back,
raw light and freedom remain.
Boundless energy, and Power.

My aim is ecstasy!--
The Ecstatic Revolution!

The Myth needs
a modern interpretation.

Forget the orgies--
we are not utilitarians.

We need to find
the one which makes us whole--
our Soul Symmetry.

I'm talking ex-static.
Instead of stagnate, flow.

Don't settle on an idea
because another human
tells you so.

If the music doesn't resonate
w/in you,
then you know it means nothing.
You must let it go, and
continue searching.

My head was weary from travel
until I found a home.
A sustainable lifestyle.

Nietzsche and Morrison
are my brothers,
but I am not them.
I cannot be them, nor act like them,
but only
learn from them.

Learn from me.
Follow these instructions:
Illuminate your skull
w/ what sets your world aglow.

For me,
it's Family.

No comments:

Post a Comment